[amibroker] Fitness Criteria that incorporates Walk Forward Result

Howard calls it the objective function. Fred calls it Fitness. What I
meant by Fitness Criteria is a mathematical function on which fitness
or goodness of the system is judged, and is used as an objective
criteria to compare different systems, as a score in optimization.

My currrent question is - So why not incorporate the fitness in walk
forward analysis into our fitness criteria? What I am talking about
is to formalise the visual inspection process. I am not proposing to
use out of sample data for optimization purposes. Rather the
parameter set that has been previously optimized is forward tested
and a fitness is obtained and incorporated into the original criteria
to form a composite fitness.

For example. My current composite fitness is the geometric average of
In sample fitness and Out of sample fitness divided by the standard
deviation (?) of In sample and out of sample fitness.

Are there anybody doing something is this area? What are your
thoughts?

If you are wondering why not use visual inspection. My plan is to use
the computer to do most of the work and thats why I need a fitness
criteria.

Cheers
Paul.