[amibroker] Importing MetaStock files

Hi,

I can get intraday data in MetaStock format, not only with the updates but
each time with the entire historical period.

I want to import it in Amibroker over the old data, and I can do that,
however I think something's wrong, because sometimes some older periods for
some symbols are not available, or Amibroker gives an error telling that
there is not enough data for the weekly period, even though the base
timeframe is 5 minutes and there is enough data.

Can I do something with those MetaStock files with the full period in order
to import them in Amibroker without needing to start or close Amibroker each
time, or to create a separate database each time?

Thank you.

Octavian