Re: [amibroker] plugin status

Paul, i think you can use VTask Studio (i think it costs $100 or so) and use a command that says something like "Wait for Pixel" (wait till its green) before it proceeds.  You'd have to "move" the window to an identical position each time so that the Wait for Pixel thing finds the green light the same place each time.  This sounds like a kluge, but it will probably work.  Perhaps there is a way to get at that status using an OLE type of command, but I'm not aware of it.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Ho
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:15 AM
Subject: [amibroker] plugin status

I have been using a script to do backfilling every evening. However,
one of the problem I face is that the script starting a scan before the
plugin status has turned green, causing the scan to lock up. I have
tried putting a wait statement in the script, it sort of works, but not
when the plugin is having a real delay in connecting. Is there a
function/way I could use to poll the plugin status?

Best Regards
Paul.