From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of cdepuy
Sent: Tuesday, 29 April 2008 8:22 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: calculating the mean of only some of the observations in an array ?

Ara, thanks for responding. Actually what I'm trying to do is a
little different. Here is what the array might look like

signal hhv@xxxxxx avgofmyobsv
0 --
1 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 .05 .050
0 --
0 --
1 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 .06 .055
0 --
0 --
1 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 --
0 .07 .060

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> if you are using loops and you know when your signal was generated,
use that
> bar number as the starting poing point for your loop. Pick an end
point as
> you edesire.
>
> a = SignalBarNumber;
> b = Bars required in your calculation;
>
> for (i=a; i< a+b; i++)

ValueWhen
> > (Cond6,C),Null);
> >
> > //now calculate the mean of all the hv 's that occur
> > mean = ma(hv,NumBars*50); //this line I am having trouble with
> > filter=1;
> > addcolumn(mean,"mean",1.2);
> > //then perform more statistics...(etc).

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com