Re: [amibroker] Quick code question please

I think using percentages is good because pips doesn't work correctly prior to stock splits. You would have to use stock data uncorrected for splits.
----- Original Message -----
From: alta hob
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Quick code question please

Thanks

Can anyone show me how I can specify pips and not percentage?

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Thomas Z. <tzg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course you need the other code lines too:

AbsHighDiff = abs(H - Ref(H, -1));
Dev = AbsHighDiff / (0.01 * H);

tbh = Dev < 1; // Almost same high

// Absolut difference between current
// and past High is less then 1%
// compared to current High

Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:22 PM

To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again.

Tried adding it but get the following error.

tbh = H == Ref(High,-1);

tbh = Dev <

Error 29.
Variable 'dev' used without having been initialized.