[amibroker] Re: download sector tickers

Hi Anthony,

Most paid services have Sector and Industry tickers.  Yahoo does have
the industry tickers but unfortunately are only available via their
current day servers (no historical data).  I did pass on this complete
list to Jim Swindle to include in his latest US Stocks database.  I
also sent him a complete zipped file of all of the historical price
data I had at that time (price data from end of 2007).  It was a
pretty significant effort on my part to create this list and I am not
sure of it's value.  There are numerous occasions of bad data (spikes)
that have to be fixed by SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guessing).

Now that it is in my database I plan to continue to download the data
each day.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for and I would be glad to
upload the files somewhere.

Regards,
MM