[amibroker] Re: exit formula help needed

Thanks Graham;

That was exactly what I needed.  I use Valuewhen all the time, for
some reason I just drew a blank on this.  I think the "buy" variable
threw me, as I have never really done anything with it except put my
formula there.

Anyways, thanks very much.

Safetrading

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> Valuewhen is useful for this
> I assume you are entering on same bar as buuy signal. This line
gives
> you the low of the bar before buy signal
>
> sell=L<valuewhen(buy,ref(l,-1)-0.01);
>

> --
> Cheers
> Graham Kav
> AFL Writing Service
> http://www.aflwriting.com
>

> 2008/4/26 safetrading <safetrading@xxx>:
> > This is probably easy for most of you, but I just can't seem to
> >  figure this out.
> >
> >  I'm using one tick above the high of the previous day for an
entry
> >  point and trying to create an exit rule where for a long
position,
> >  the exit would be one tick below the low of the day prior to the
> >  entry day ( the same days where I got my entry point from)
until a
> >  low exists that is above the high of my entry point, at which
time
> >  the exit would then become one tick below that low and continue
> >  follow the trade like this; sell=L<ref(l,-1)-0.01;
> >
> >  So what I need to do is label and hang on to the "one tick
below"
> >  the low of the day prior to entering.  I believe I need to use
the
> >  Hold function, but am not sure how to identify the price point I
> >  need.
> >
> >  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >
> >  Safetrading

> >  Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> >  To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
> >  SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> >
> >  For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: