[amibroker] Re: AmiQuote not pushing new EOD data to AmiBroker

Tonight I followed your instructions and unfortunately, it did not
update the data for AB (scrolled some symbols and did an Explore),
until I shutdown AB (AQ was still up) and then the popup Saving...
window appeared and I was able to restart AB and the data was there.
hmmm...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You need to RUN AMIBROKER prior to running AMiQuote and you need
> to keep AmiBroker running in the background while AmiQuote is
downloading / importing.
> AmiQuote is NOT updating Amibroker database. AmiBroker does it on
its own.
> AmiQuote downloads the files and instructs AmiBroker via OLE to
import
> those files. Therefore AMiBroker MUST be running while AmiQuote
operates.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
AmiBroker

> > Still not saving until logoff or shutdown.
> >
> > I downloaded and installed AQ 2.00.
> > I then did a normal (2 days back, but didn't change anything
else)
> > Yahoo EOD 80 symbol download.
> > The data did not popup the Saving... window until system logoff.
> > I again did a 2 day back download, but this time opened Task
Manager
> > and shutdown every service under the user (me) and then also
tried to
> > shutdown every local or system service (of course many were
denied).
> > I also made sure all of my anti software were shutdown, including
> > software like Ad-aware, Noware, ZoneAlarm, etc.
> > the only 2 remaining services, that I could have shutdown, were
> > Broker.exe and Quote.exe.
> > I did not have AB running at anytime, only AQ.
> > Still no popup Saving.., until I again logged off.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Always use latest version of AmiQuote as data sources often
change
> > their URLs and other details
> >> making old version obsolete.
> >>
> >> Best regards,