[amibroker] Re: send the last value of an array into the periods field

Hi,

Based on the documentation, your code:

VarSet("docy"+1,DomCycle);

will store the entire DomCycle array. If you want to store a single
value from that array (e.g. the value for the current bar), then you
should use the Ref function as follows:

VarSet("docy"+1,Ref(DomCycle, 0)); // Store current bar value
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=varset

If what you want is really the *last* value (i.e. the very last value
in the array, which may be a value far into the future), then use the
LastValue function:

LastValue(DomCycle);
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=81

Finally, WriteVal returns a String, so you cannot use it as the 2nd
argument of the Param function, which requires a number.
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=writeval
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=param

Mike