Re: [amibroker] Re: Difference betwee OOS and IS

Thanks Mike. Let's see if Pardo's book is the more practical for me too ... The message I have got from David Aronson's book is that for the moment we still can forget TA ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:22 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Difference betwee OOS and IS

Ton,

Yes, I read Aronson's book. In my opinion, a strong understanding of
chapters 3-6 would benifet any trader. However, I think that upon
completing the book, many traders would not know how to apply the
lessons to their own strategy development. In other words, would not
know what to do next, and would not have the tools necessary to act.
I participated in a number of lengthy threads on this topic,
including messages 120676 and 120718.

I think that you will find Pardo's book to be more practical with
respect to being able to immediately apply the lessons to your own
strategy development. I think that upon completing the book, most
traders would know exactly what to do next. And, now that walk
forward is built in to AmiBroker, traders will have all the tools
necessary to act without needing to purchase any other software.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> Yes that's what I did. Looking in the table of contents. But since
they are almost identical I had the feeling that I was missing
something. Anyway I will buy the newer version of the book ... Thanks
again. BTW did you read David Aronson's book about "EBTA" ? If so do
you think the book from Pardo will tell me more about
Optimalization ? Or better give me an extra Optimalization hint ...

> Regards, Ton.

C),0),CMOPeriods);

> > confidence
> > > that your