From: Dennis Brown <see3d@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: UKB news

OS X is the Mac standard OS. It is based on an open UNIX kernel.

I run Parallels Desktop 3.0 to integrate Windows XP windows into my
Mac desktop, complete with file or clipboard copy and paste between
Mac and PC windows. The Windows XP desktop is hidden away, but I can
recall it if I need to (Rare). I can also share files on the desktop
between OS X and XP. I can even run native UNIX apps, but I rarely do
that. I really have the best of all worlds.

Backups are very simple too with the Time Machine program that comes
with OS X 10.5. Every hour it backs up files that have changed. I
can just go back in time and recover a document I messed up, but did
not realize it until it was too late --yes, I have needed to use this.

Oh, there are only little tiny getting started manuals. Some day I am
going to have to open one of those to see what's in there. LOL.
Everything is very intuitive.

Apple made a heavy R&D investment in switching to OS X many years ago,
and to the intel chipset more recently. It is all paying off nicely
for them today. Apple's market share is gaining rapidly in the last
couple of years, and more so with the disappointing Vista release.
50% of new Mac sales at their retail stores are to first time Mac
buyers.

I am spoiled rotten, and getting more so with each 18 month or so
release of a new featured OS X version.

Yes, I have been using Macs since 1984. I use a PC only when there is
no other choice.

BR,
Dennis