[amibroker] Re: AmiQuote 2.00 released

Does anyone know the source of the data?
I can't find it on the site.

Does anyone know if the data is split/dividend adjusted - can't find
that info either.

It seems to lack quite a few of the side benefits available from
Yahoo (at this stage although it is still in beta).

Some points of interest from the site:

- You can download historical end-of-day prices in CSV format to a
spreadsheet by clicking the Download to spreadsheet link. From your
portfolio, you can also download the overview, transactions, and
performance views in CSV format.

The option to Download to spreadsheet varies by exchange and may not
be available for all stocks.

 - Google Finance combines content we've licensed from financial data
providers with content we've crawled and indexed from the Web. The
result provides you with an easier method of finding and managing
financial information online.

- exchanges

http://www.google.com/help/stock_disclaimer.html

They do list CSI as the "exchange" for EOD so it looks like it might
be CSI data.

If you scroll down the bottom of any quotes page you can see the
acknowledgement of their sources (other than dataproviders).

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:CSCO

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2008/04/23/amiquote-200-released/
>
> A new version of AmiQuote 2.00 has been released.
>
> Download link:
> http://www.amibroker.com/bin/aq2000.exe
>
> CHANGES (as compared to 1.95):
>
>   1.. Added new Google Finance EOD data source
(finance.google.com), US and International stocks
(finance.google.com) - very fast
> downloads, much faster than Yahoo
>   2.. Fixed some rare random crashes
>   3.. Fixed occassional crash on Vista
>   4.. Historical EOD downloads overwrite temporary files always to
prevent consuming too much hard disk space
>   5.. Livecharts/Quote.com by default is now disabled because
vendor discontinued the service. (Use Tools->Settings to re-enable if
> needed)
> NOTE: Backup your files inside "Formats" subfolder if you did any
editing because the setup program will install default ones.