[amibroker] Re: MSN data

Yes.
Along the same lines - once the income from reselling becomes
significant, or even outweighs income from retail clients, then there
is a big incentive for the supplier not to crash the resell
relationship.

Also, in reality, would they run two historical databases - one for
themselves and one for resale (more than likely they pass on a
portion, as you indicate).

Re MSN

I can't imagine there would be a lot of difference between their data
and Yahoo - perhaps either party manages or mismanges it in different
ways?

Anyone compared Yahoo to MSN?

Bill - thnks for hte quality contribution.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> Your assumption is correct and you do get something for your
money.  As a CSI subscriber, that something is access to more goodies
and services than only the summaries carried by Google, Yahoo, MSN,
etc.  However, one does not gain anything with respect to data
quality which is the key question for many.   If there were
discrepancies in data supplied to CSI subscribers and resellers, etc.
I am sure that it would be well documented.  Permitting such
discrepancies would certainly not be in CSI's interest as they use
the fact that they supply others (in part because of their high
rating) in addition to subscribers as part of the argument for people
to subscribe to their service.

Date:
> > 4/21/2008 4:23 PM

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com