Re: [amibroker] Simple Exploration Question

That looks a bit quicker!     8 - )

----- Original Message -----
From: Graham
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Simple Exploration Question

you could try this, and explore on n=1 last quotation

inTrade = flip(buy,sell);

filter = inTrade;

addcolumn(valuewhen(buy,datetime()),"Buy Date",formatdatetime);

--
Cheers
Graham Kav

On 20/04/2008, Brian Wild <wild21@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Graham for the response - but what you suggest is  what I first tried. The only difference is that I used the variable "bought" where you used "InTrade". In trying to sort this out I have come across a really puzzling result. I used AddColumn to show results for Buy, Sell, and bought. Then, changing only the filter value gives the following:-

Case A. Setting Filter = Buy or Sell, gives output lines (correctly) only where there is a buy or sell signal.

Case B. Setting Filter = 1 gives an output for every data point, with Buy and Sell still showing up as 1 correctly where they should, and bought showing correctly as 1 following each buy and remaining there until resetting to zero at the next sell. (so far so good!).

Case C. Setting Filter = bought STILL gives output for every data point (incorrect!?). Buy and Sell still show 1 where they should, but bought  now shows as 1 throughout.

I guess that with bought set to 1 throughout I should expect output for every data point - BUT how can this have happened in the circumstances. if anyone can explain I would be most grateful!

Brian W