[amibroker] Re: crash of amibroker and databases are send deeper

Hello,

Jerry, I uninstall AB, cleaned registry and reinstall AB, but I not
reinstalled  the IBc.
The issue is still there. Every time I open AB, the database move
deeper and AB rebuild the full set of empty directories 1 2 3 4...a b
c d etc.

I moved ^DJI into another dir and placed my three contracts databases
into C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Data\_
After that, AB was unable to find my datas as it was looking for ^DJI.
A simple open database gave me my datas.
The database settings were gone, and symbols information too (such as
tick, margin, point value ) and I have to move the layouts at the
right under level.
At every start I have to set all these values.

At this very moment I am running after datas. I mean that every time I
Open database, the files go deeper and I cannot catch them. Explorer give
me the right position but AB move the files as I close the popup
windows of the open database.
My screen stays empty.

I sent the report to TJ, I did not catch the procedure on the very
moment. This is why I posted in the forum.

Thank you very much for reading, Jerry.

Thomas,

I'am not at the level to send command to IBc. I did it three times to
test the openning, no more, but it was 10 days ago. So the issue should
not be related to OLE command.
The sudden close of IB is the start of the trouble. I don't suspect a
bad bit on the IBTWS side, but...why not ?

If you could send me details or exe to remove AB, something stronger
than the Windows uninstall and stronger than my manual registry cleaning ?

I have no time to continue today and I a bit fed up with technical issues.

If you have nothing to clean the PC, I'll try a restore tomorrow,  to
come back before my first AB install. I hope backups are still there.

After that, the last idea is to reinstall TWS and then I'am out of
ideas. Except reformat and throw my datas to be sure to start well !

Best regards

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not sure if this is the same problem or not, but we have seen
one customer
> having problem with OLE command RefreshAll when using IBc and according
> to his report replacing it with RequestTimedRefresh(1) fixed the
problem.

> So, if you are using IBc and if you are using oAB.RefreshAll()
> in any of your formulas, please REMOVE this statement or replace it
> with RequestTimedRefresh( 1 );
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com