[amibroker] Re: Bollinger Band with variable period in AFL

Welcome. FYI: key is to custom-code any static-period indicator by
using variable-period ones already available in AFL. Always faster
than looping. AFAIK the var-period ones are MA, WMA, DEMA, TEMA, REF,
SUM, HHV, LLV, HHVBars and LLVBars.

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Treliff. Works fine indeed ...
>
> Regards, Ton.

AFL

>   Ton, function SD_pop below is similar to AFL StDev and can handle
>   variable periods.
>
>   function SD_pop(input,n)
>   { return sqrt( (n*Sum(input^2,n)-(Sum(input,n))^2) / n^2 ); }
>
>   -treliff
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ton Sieverding"
>   <ton.sieverding@> wrote:
>   >
>   > That I understand Bill. And to get the adaptive MA is the easy
>   part. But how do you get the adaptive standard deviation ?
Impossible