[amibroker] Re: New RT Data Feed Poll

Hi Dan.

Thanks for responding.  Considering the importance of data and the
range of issues people seem to have with them, I think understanding
the collective experiences and opinions of serious traders would be
helpful for noobs like me as well as people who may have been using a
particular service for a while but shopping around for alternative
sources.

Anyway, I guess I'll tell you what I'd ideally like to see.  I'm
pretty sure the functionality of Yahoo Groups won't accommodate
anything extravagant but I guess it's better to list everything out
and see what is reasonable, desirable by the masses and doable (maybe
even using a different site if the demand is high enough for an
un-doable feature?).  My ideas are essentially based on the same
concepts found on shopping/product opinion sites like Amazon or Newegg.com

Note: there would be separate efforts for EOD and RT data sources for
everything listed below.

Taking a top down approach to this issue, a poll showing which data
sources people are using at the moment.

And for people to make a more informed decision about each service, it
would be nice to see for each data vendor, polls covering:
   Data Quality
   Service Outages
   Customer Support
   Features (like mobile, news etc)

And since the numbers don't always tell the whole picture, it would
also help if for each vendor there were an area where users can write
details about their experiences like what you'd see in the User
Reviews section of Amazon.

This would be a recurring set of polls that is updated every other
month or quarterly or so because vendors, feeds and investors
improve/deteriorate/change.  The collective data can then be graphed
over time so we might see trends in user experiences (after all this
is a group about data trends, right? :-) )

Thanks.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams"