[amibroker] Re: Schwab Data Feed?

Jim,
I have run StreetSmart with wireless on my laptop, usually when
traveling although I can do it at home too. I didn't have any
problems but in general I don't trust wireless much and usually try
to get within about 5 feet of the "transmitter" (or whatever they're
called).

Although my friends think I'm just old fashioned, if you want
reliability, hardwired Ethernet is the only way to go.

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jim_trades_stocks" <jnk1997@xxx>
wrote:

> Maybe my Schwab Street Smart Pro buckles because it's on a
wireless
> laptop connection. My IB runs on the desktop with a hard wire
cable
> internet connection? Any comments, other ideas?
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kurasake" <kurasake@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Dan and Jim for your responses.  I just figured it was
> > strange/a shame that I couldn't tap directly into Schwab from
> > Amibroker since the feed was "there" and QT seems to be the only
3rd
> > party application taking advantage of it.  I'll probably try out
> > IQFeed or eSignal for AB RT data.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams"
> > <danielwardadams@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have IB as my secondary backup broker to Schwab StreetSmart
Pro
> as
> > > my main trading platform.
> > >
> > > I agree AB can't get data off Schwab unless you first go
through
> the
> > > Quotetracker "interface". I have done this in the past but now
> > > usually just look at "real-time" in QT or in Schwab. I don't
use
> IB
> > > for real-time because I think it sucks. The limit to 100
symbols,
> the
> > > lousy times required to get historical intraday data, and
since I
> > > don't feel it is "stable or reliable" are are all
showstopppers
> in my
> > > mind. If IB ever gets away from using Java, creates a "real"
> platform
> > > with native code generated by some reasonable programming
> language,
> > > and stops having artificial restrictions (like the numbers of
> > > symbols), I would seriously consider them for use them as my
> > > "primary" platform.
> > >
> > > To feed QT, I currently use MarketFeed for the streaming tick
> data,
> > > the historical backfill, and the price. I have used several
other
> > > real-time sources in the past (IQFeed, eSignal, etc) which I
> liked
> > > but since I do the majority of my AB analysis using QuotesPlus
> EOD
> > > data, the MarketFeed solution (with Schwab for trading) is
just
> fine
> > > for my uses.
> > >
> > > Finally, and naturally, I can't say it never happens, but I've
> never
> > > had Schwab real-time "buckle" when I've been using it.
> > >
> > > Just goes to show when you ask a question you can often get
> > > diametrically opposed opinions :o}.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

> IB