Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Measures of Performance

To answer your last question:
You begin trading a system as soon as you feel confident that it has a
true edge with an acceptable return.  How you gain that confidence is
a personal choice.  You must be confident in it, or you will not
follow it when you have a drawdown.  I carefully examine the equity
curve for a consistent edge in changing market conditions.  Then I
trade the system with real money (but small positions) for a while to
make sure that the actual performance matches with the simulated
performance.  Then, I commit full capital to it.  I examine each
drawdown to make sure that it is within the parameters of the
testing.  If not, I look for weakness in my original analyses, or
changing market conditions not previously seen.  Systems will have to
adapt over time.

Best regards,
Dennis