[amibroker] Re: Howard B. Bandy BOOK

Thanks for the reply - I have ordered Howards book, hopefully it
will arrive sometime this week.

I also had read some of the links you provided, like the user guide,
and some of the commentary on this site.  However, I was hoping to
gain a deeped understanding of WHY we want to look for certain
values on certain indicators.

I will take your advice and try to piecemeal some reference matrial
from the web.

James

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello James,
>

> You can view the contents page of Howard's book and two chapters
at:

> http://www.quantitativetradingsystems.com/book.html
>
> His homepage gives a good summary of what it is about.
>
> It does include a list of AB's built in metrics plus some
additional
> ones with a little bit of comment. More importantly Howard does
give
> an example of how to add a custom metric in the final
> chapter "Extending AmiBroker".
>
> However defining the metrics isn't the books primary objective -
that
> would take a couple of hundred pages alone.
>
> The AB User's Guide lists the basic definitions:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/w_report.html
>
> Beyond that there is so much material available by googling that
most
> authors probably feel detailed explanations would be redundant.
>
> They are sometimes discussed in this forum (we have covered Profit
> Factor, Expectancy, Ulcer Index etc in the last few weeks).
>
> Sometimes I get good answers from keyword specific searches on
this
> forum, EliteTraders or the TradingBlox forums.
>
> If there was a book, just on the defintion of evaluation metrics
> alone out there, then I wouldn't buy it anyway.
>
> Most of the time I pick up definitions when they are included in
> books on system design and testing.
>
> Howard has a links page that references some of the better
> books/sites and there is also a few links to stats books at:
>
> http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2007/10/18/statistics-resources-
for-
> traders/
>
> brian_z
>
> http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jamesfarrow2003"
> <jamesfarrow2003@> wrote:
> >
> > WOuld this be a good book to learn about the measures of
> performance
> > that Amibroker automatically calculates?
> >
> > If not, does anyone have a good reference for those measures?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > James
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ohneclue <ohneclue@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dennis,