[amibroker] Re: to move the arrow's plot toward another pane.

ChrisB, your text should be place into the KB.

Thanks to you, I place my arrows exactly as I wanted. At this very
moment I realised that Roger's formula was the ideal versatile solution.
Thank you both of you, you've been most helpful.

Regards

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ChrisB <kris45mar@xxx> wrote:

> Reinsley and Louis.
>
> Here is my take on the arrows:
>
> There are two types of tradesignals you can display on the charts
>
> 1. The backtest generated Buy/Sell or Short/Cover arrows.
> 2. Any arrows, shapes or digits that you want, using PlotShapes
function
> in AB.
>
> They work differently...
>
> 1. To display the Backtest generated arrows you need to have.
>
> a. correct backtest code.
> b. actual trades taken in the backtest (see Results list to verify
these
> exist).
> c. Each chart you want to see trading arrows on must be enabled to
do that
>     Use either
>     i. Right click chart , Axes and Grids, Miscellaneous, show trading
> arrows, or
>     ii. include this instruction in your code e.g. SetChartOptions( 0,
> chartShowDates | chartShowArrows );
> d. after you have run the backtest, right click the results list and
> select Show arrows for actual trades.
>
> Note that if you change the time interval e.g. from Hourly to Daily
this
> will erase your arrows.
> RC the Results list again to display them again.
>
> 2. To display any PlotShapes derived arrows, shapes or digits you
need to

> a. have the correct code in your formula /per pane/
>     This means correct plotshapes code and equity call if needed (e.g.
> used with Applystops)
> b. have the Setting in Automatic Analysis set correctly to Long or
Short.