[amibroker] Re: Creating a HHV Indicator

Hi Bill
Not sure i need the "Selected Value" as i only want to see the
current Bar's Highest High.

This is the code i have, as per your suggestions...

hhvperiod = Param("hhvperiod", 50, 5, 1000, 1 );
extendline = Param("extendline", 5, 0, 15, 1, 0);
startplotbar = SelectedValue(BarIndex()) - extendline;
Plot(IIf(BarIndex() >= startplotbar, SelectedValue(HHV(H,
hhvperiod)), Null), "", colorRed, styleLine, Null, Null, extendline);

As you can see if you select a Bar on the chart the line will show
the HHv line for that Bar.  And if no bar is selected it shows a line
from the current bar not going back to the last HH Bar.

I am starting to confuse myself here, all i wish to see is a line
from the last HHV bar going out to the right past the current Bar.

I have tried changing the code myself but failed.  Any further
thoughts?

Crash

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> Sorry (getting late).  Just noticed that startplotbar is wrong:
>
> startplotbar = selectedvalue(barindex()) - extendline; //hhv line
starts at selected bar

> Don't have time now to work out starting from hhv bar so take a
crack at it.

> Bill

these lines which assumes that you select a bar and that you only
want the HHV line drawn from the HHV bar associated with the selected
bar.  If that's not right then you can tweak the code to produce what
you want.

>   hhvperiod = param("hhvperiod", ....
>   extendline = param("extendline", ...; //max = blank space
specified in preferences
>   startplotbar = selectedvalue(hhv(h, period) - extendline;
>   plot(iif(barindex() >= startplotbar, selectedvalue(hhv(h,
period)), null), "", color, styleline, null, null, extendline);