[amibroker] Re: AASettings

I get some excellent returns from searching this forum for esoteric
ABsubjects (IMO that is where it comes into its own).

It all depends on the 'resolution' of the keyword(s).

Lucky for us Yahoo seems to have sneaked in a few quiet improvements
to their search facilty over the last year or two (it is pretty good
now).

I get 800+ hits for "AA setting" or "AA settings" in "advanced
search/body contains".

After that it becomes a bit tedious to dig the info out from amongst
the 800 hits.

Sometimes to speed up the treasure hunt I cut the search down to the
most recent year, or restrict it to authors like
Tomasz/Graham/Herman, but I often find a gem from the part time
posters as well.

One method I sometimes use is to walk through the list of hits and
make a note of the first message number of each thread then later go
to the current messages page/list as individual messages/enter a
number/hit go then change to group messages view to scroll through
the thread (after that it is back to the start for the next thread).

At first it is a PITA but the more I use it the better I get at
quickly honing in on the good oil.

Some people use PGOffline - I tried it and had trouble so I gave it
away.

brian_z