From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dawsonsg
Sent: Fri 3/21/2008 5:14 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Help with PREVIOUS function

Hi Guys,

Can someone please give me a hand with converting a metastock formula
using PREVIOUS to Metastock. I believe I am supposed to be using a
FOR loop to do it but am not sure where to start. I have been pointed
to http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?ama <http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?ama>

and have also found a mentioned at the link below

http://www.mail-archive.com/amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg11900.html <http://www.mail-archive.com/amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg11900.html>

but still am not sure where to start. The formula is below. I dont
want someone to do this for me but if they could give me a start I'd
appreciate it.

//ATRMulti := Input("ATR multiplier:", 0, 99999, 2.8);
//ATRPeriod := Input("Number of bars in ATR:", 1, 99999, 22);

ATRMulti = 2.8;
ATRPeriod = 22;

AvPrc = (HIGH + LOW + CLOSE) / 3;
calc = AvPrc - ATR(ATRPeriod ) * ATRMulti;

If(Ref(CLOSE, -1) < PREVIOUS, calc,
If(calc > PREVIOUS, calc,
PREVIOUS))

Regards