Re: [amibroker] Re: Using Jim's tickers... with some cutomization

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for the kind words!  I sure am coming froma long way, and thanks to you and to others who helped me I am getting better everyday using Amibroker!

There are two files on Jim website:

1) The database in .zip with all the tickers in the correct categories;
2) The database in .xls with all the tickers listed with categories, name, eps, etc.

I already know how to set the first database correctly with Yahoo, but I need to delete the .OB after the tickers to use the database wuith my real-time provider.  So this is why I used the second database with Excel and deleted the .OB.  But then, that's where I don't know how to put that information back in place to be sure the tickers will be in the correct industries/markets, etc.

I read in the manual that categoryAddSymbol can add symbols to whatever category I choose, but the problem is still the same: to have a scan of all the tickers going in the category restaurant (as an example) I would have to manually put them in "restaurants", and considering Jim's DB has tons of different categories this would take me forever!

Is there a faster way to get there?

Thanks!

Louis