[amibroker] Re: Import Data into OI field?

Here is a way to do that.

A method to import extra data into AmiBrokers Open Interest field
using AmiQuote with Yahoo data downloads.

(this is a basic method that can be developed for wider use).

a) Open AB and create a new, blank, database.

b) Open AmiQuote and add a ticker e.g. PRXL

Note: PRXL had a 2:1 stock split on 03-03-2008

c) Download PRXL historical WITHOUT selecting "Automatic Import" -
leave AQ open.

d) Go to AmiBroker/Formats folder and open the aqh.format file.

Note: it is a text file and it will open in NotePad

Add OpenInt to the format profile and save.

e) Go to AmiBroker/AmiQuote/Downloads and rename the PRXL.aqh file to
PRXL.csv then open it, add any required data to the column after the
adjClose and save it.

Once it is saved change the name back from .csv to .aqh

f) return to AmiQuote and select Tools >> Import into AmiBroker (the
data in the PRXL.aqh file, including the data in the OI field, will
be imported into the open AmiBroker database.

There is a temporary file with picies at the UKB:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2008/03/21/amiquote-ascii-importing/

note: after changing the .csv file back to a text file I had to pick
some (PRXL) commas out of my teeth.

Thanks to Bob for a very nice lead.

brian_z