[amibroker] Re: Import Data into OI field?

Bob,

> Although I understand that additional AB data arrays [and means of
>populating them] are planned for the future

Where did you here that?

To paraphrase My Fair Lady. "Wouldn't it be loverly".

>I'd like to store a weekly value into the OI field.of existing
>tickers.

ASCII import is the underlying method for AQ and also the easiest way
to do it (for limited, non- auto imports):

a) Using data like this (in a CSV file)

Ticker	Date/Time	WeeklyData
PRXL	1/3/2003	1
PRXL	1/10/2003	2
PRXL	1/17/2003	3
PRXL	1/24/2003	4
PRXL	1/31/2003	5
PRXL	2/7/2003	6
PRXL	2/14/2003	7
PRXL	2/21/2003	8
PRXL	2/28/2003	9
PRXL	3/7/2003	10
PRXL	3/14/2003	11
PRXL	3/21/2003	12

b) use the ASCII import wizard

format == Ticker, MDY, OI, skip, skip, skip, etc

skip first line
all others deselected
add the following to additional commands box (paste a copy is OK)
$ALLOWNEG 1

finish

numbers 1,2,3,4,5,etc are now in QuoteEditor OI field.

Note: additional infor on allowing negative values is in the ASCII
user guide.

also - I had a small Yahoo database for PRXL and used explore/weekly
to create the CSV so the dates etc had good alignment.

You might need to play with which day of the week you enter the data
too for alignment to daily/weekly charts etc.

If it is a regular event filehandling/script/ODBC should offer some
paths to automate depending on how you are getting your data.

(over to others if you want help on automation).

Cheers,

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <bjagow@xxx> wrote:

> Although I understand that additional AB data arrays [and means of
populating them] are planned for the future, I'd like to store a