[amibroker] Re: Question about stock split

Re: Stock splits in AB

I'll try to help although I have never had to, or wanted to, use
built-in splits.

Who is your data provider?

I just downloaded Yahoo RawClose for PRXL, which had a split on 4th
March.

I downloaded data up to the 5th and also until today and tried the AB
split function - in both cases it correctly identified and adjusted
the 2:1 split.

(Instructions for changing the Yahoo download format from adjusted
==default, to Raw can be found at the AB homesite >> KnowledgeBase >>
Data in an article on Yahoo data).

>How do I
> know the program is really adjusting the for split correctly?

There is no way to know that without using an independent split list.

> If there a way to automatically adjust for all splits in all quotes?

Yes, Yahoo data is already adjusted for all corporate events and
dividends (this is the default download with AmiQuote/Yahoo)  OR most
paid data providers adjust for all corporate events (but not
dividends.

brian_z