[amibroker] Re: quote download?

When I click on AQ >> Help >> Register AmiQuote my version (1.94)
says "AQ is non crippled shareware - full functionality is provided -
no time limit - if you find this program useful you should register
to enable us improving this program".

Rego gives unlimited access to extras - like fundamentals plus other
things.

Unless something changed since v1.94

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ronald Davis" <xokie7@xxx> wrote:

> -jim >>When I click on HELP,ABOUT,in Amiquote it
says "unregistered".Could
> this have something to do with it?I know for sure that Amibroker is
> registered,I thought that Amiquote would be too.
>
> I have not been following this, but MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that your
version
> of  ami>"BROKER" is registered.  It is my understanding that
unregistered
> amibroker will not save.  Ron D

Windows
> >> XP.When Amiquote is doing it's thing,it seems to be working
normally
> >> (does the whole completed-imported thing)but I can't get the data
> >> into Amibroker.Tickers that I have added have a blank chart that
> >> says"not enough data",and Djia tickers that came with the program
> >> have a date of 4/10/2006 as the last day of data.(I have Amiquote
> > set
> >> for Yahoo historical,EOD,with a start date in 1998) My feeling is
> >> that I'm downloading ok,it's just ending up somewhere and I can't
> >> find it.If you run a list in Amiquote will the data automatically
> > end
> >> up in the database that is open in Amibroker?
> >>
> >> I've had this thing for three days now and I haven't been able to
> >> load a single bit of data.I've been createing files,changing
> >> settings,anything to try to get things going.If I uninstall,re-
> >> install,and re-register would it be easier? That way I could
start
> >> off with a blank slate and not have to try to figure out what's
> > being
> >> downloaded and where it's going to ,and if the database I'm
trying
> >> open in Amibroker is the same one I've just updated in
> > Amiquote.Would
> >> this be a good thing to try?
> >>
> >> Also I received an email from someone who suggested to not
download
> >> more than 6 months at a time from Yahoo.I tried this with the
same
> >> results.
> >>
> >> You can probably tell I'm a bit frustrated.I apologize for the
long
> >> post,I'm just wanting to get things going.It's like having a new
> > car
> >> in the driveway and not being able to drive it.Sorry for being so
> >> clueless,I hope someone can help.Thanks.  -jim
> >>

> >> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@>

> >> set

> >> date
> >> set

which
> > is
> > dummy
> >> auto
> >> current
> >> this

v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&slk=aftr0&sec=recg
> > Investments/General: Established January 15, 1999 this site is
open to ...

> > TWSAPI (656 common members)
v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&slk=aftr1&sec=recg
> > Investments/Software: Not affiliated with Interactive Brokers
> > Interactiv...
> >
> > bse-nse2005 (485 common members)
v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&slk=aftr2&sec=recg
> > Investments/Online Investing and Trading: We now have our very
own
> > website - www.desitraderm...
> >
> > e-mini_traders_anon (364 common members)
v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&slk=aftr3&sec=recg
> > Investments/Daytrading: The spirit of this group is traders
helping
> > trader...
> >
> > quotes-plus (334 common members)
v=1&t=ipt&ch=email&pub=groups&slk=aftr4&sec=recg
> > Investments/Software: This group is for Quotes Plus customers.
Others