Sorry, but I don't understand.

Thanks,
Howard

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 4:51 AM, benbeckbb <benbeckbb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yer this is a little hard to explain
i am trying to run a specific function over the period of 4-6 days ago.

so, if today is the 16th, i want to run a test from 10-12th.
this test is a small part of a whole system. i want to check for something between the 10th
and the 12th, and then run a different function from 13th-16th

hope that makes sense
thanks again for the help!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Ben --
>
> I may not understand the question about 4 to 6 days ago.
>
> If you mean just test the last 4 to 6 days, that is controlled by setting
> the dates in the Automatic Analysis window.
>
> If you mean looking for two gaps in the past 4 to 6 days, that is the
> lookback period.
>
> Thanks,
> Howard
>
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:19 PM, benbeckbb <benbeckbb@xxx> wrote:
>
> > yer thats really helpful. i also found the 'gapup' function which looks
> > the goods.
> > 1 more question - if I am trying to define a time period, say 4-6 days ago
> > - and to run a
> > test during that period - i cant just use a lookback, so how do I define
> > that period?
> >
> > thanks heaps for the assistance
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Howard B"

> > <howardbandy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Ben --
> > >
> > > You may not need a loop. See if this is close to what you want, or gives
> > > you a hint to solve it yourself --
> > >
> > > //--------------------------------------
> > >
> > > // MultipleGaps.afl
> > > //
> > > Gap = L>Ref(H,-1);
> > > LookBack = 15;
> > > GapCount = Sum(Gap,Lookback);
> > > Buy = GapCount>=2;
> > > Sell = BarsSince(Buy)>=5;
> > >
> > > Plot(C,"C",colorBlack,styleLine);
> > > PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow*Gap,colorGreen);

> > > Thanks,
> > > Howard
> > > www.quantitativetradingsystems.com

> > this