[amibroker] CONFIGURE DDE WITH EXCEL AS A SERVER

Hi all.

Been reading all the posts regarding excel and DDE and AB.

In my case, the live data I am using is in the more current (MS Excel)
form, RTD, so I can't use this as a direct feed to the plugin. It
must go into excel first.

I would like to get detailed instructions on how to
use excel as a dde server and configure the AB dde plugin.

I have read all the repeated posts and have contacted support,
however still can't get things working.

I understand how to identify the file, however, need more specific
instructions for naming ranges etc in excel.

I have a list of around 300 stocks. I assume I just add these to AB
via symbol new:

--- Do I name the ranges or column headings to match AB plug in,
eg ticker, open high low close last etc.

--- What then is the syntax for say last price in plug in

this is what I have so far:

SERVER: Excel.Sheet.12
LAST: c:\ddelink.xlsx

would this work??
LAST: c:\ddelink.xlsx!{ticker}!last

Please more detailed information than Marcin anybody!!!

PS, I get the green connect via Marcins method, but can't get any
info into live prices.