Re: [amibroker] Re: Portfolio rotation

Hello,

Taking the example and modifying it to fit your requirements is just a matter
of minutes ! Don't be lazy.

EnableRotationalTrading();
EachPosPercent = 5;

PositionScore = ROC( C, 20 );

PositionSize = -EachPosPercent;

SetOption("WorstRankHeld", 40 );
SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 20 );

SetOption("UseCustomBacktestProc", True );

if( Status("action") == actionPortfolio )
{
  bo = GetBacktesterObject();

  bo.PreProcess(); // Initialize backtester

  mo = Month();

  monthchange = mo != Ref( mo, -1 );

  for(bar=0; bar < BarCount; bar++)
  {
   bo.ProcessTradeSignals( bar );

   if( monthchange[ bar ] )
   {
   CurEquity = bo.Equity;

   for( pos = bo.GetFirstOpenPos(); pos; pos = bo.GetNextOpenPos() )
   {
    posval = pos.GetPositionValue();

    diff = posval - 0.01 * EachPosPercent * CurEquity;
    price = pos.GetPrice( bar, "O" );

    // rebalance only if difference between desired and
    // current position value is greater than 0.5% of equity
    // and greater than price of single share
    if( diff != 0 AND
        abs( diff ) > 0.005 * CurEquity AND
        abs( diff ) > price )
    {
     bo.ScaleTrade( bar, pos.Symbol, diff < 0, price, abs( diff ) );
    }
   }

  }
  }
  bo.PostProcess(); // Finalize backtester
}

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com