From: Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Kethek Ogleng <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:08:02 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Leading indicators

Hi Kethek,

Think about it ...

What indicator could possibly be leading, since *all* indicators are
based on activity that has already taken place? (already transpired
input results in the definition of current "indicator" value)

What *you* have to decide is, if a certain indicator reaches a
certain level or position, how likely is that to predict some change
or continuation that you can take advantage of in the future. Not
all indicators are created equal.

After that, it's mostly money management, guts, and experience.

There is no such thing as a leading indicator, including the
fundamental indicators that are called (and sold as) just that. It's
a dream. No one can build a machine that sees into the future. The
very idea is preposterous. All they do is build a model that has a
reasonable (but not infallible) chance of success.

There are *NO* leading indicators available for *anyone* on *any*
platform. When you accept this truth, you will be one step closer to
hearing a sound that some describe using the Roman letters 'AUM'.

If you want some foolproof "leading indicator", please do a full Net
search on "Holy Grail".

Yuki

KO> Dear Thomasz and Brian,

KO> I have explored indicators that I am aware of, but I have not
KO> found single leading indicator. Eventhough I hv changed the
KO> parameters, , the indicators were all lagged. The fastest
KO> indicator that I am aware of is Heikin-Ashi, but still it is not
KO> leading indicator. In the best of your knowledge and experience,
KO> what are leading indicators available for AB users (or at least
KO> faster that Heikin-Ashi) ? Logically (for non-IT guy like me), the
KO> leading indicator must contain price linear regression and volume components.
KO> I am aware that if someone had it, he or she must be a
KO> multibillioner and wouldnt share with us. Ha ha ha

KO> Regards,
KO> Kethek

KO> Looking for last minute shopping deals?
KO> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
KO> http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. __._,_.___