[amibroker] Re: What is best statistic for straightness of equity curve?

>However, the best systems are in the 45% to 55% range so far.  What
> does that tell you?

I think you will understand that I have to act from my current biases
but that I am also capable of change - keeping that in mind.

It is meaningless without the frequency distribution of the sample
(it doesn't have to be a normal dist, since the central limit theorem
predicts it will move towards normal behaviour anyway) i.e. W/L
without ave%w/ave%L doesn't tell us as much about outcomes as it does
when combined, let alone simulated.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Like you said, I always assume that if I start trading a new
system
> that the first thing I will experience is the worst case drawdown
that
> will shake my confidence in it.  I have to ask myself how I would
feel
> after a few days of this, and would I continue, or start to
question
> my system development methods and drop out just when the system
turns
> around.  This psychology happens to traders and investors all the
> time, and is one of the main causes of losses.
>
> Brian,
>
> I have put together a lot of systems recently, looking for the
most
> robust ones.  I have profitable systems with a Win% ranging from
30%
> to 80%.  The higher the Win%, the larger the drawdowns.  No free
> lunch.  However, the best systems are in the 45% to 55% range so
far.
> What does that tell you?
>
> Best regards,
> Dennis
>
> On Mar 13, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Paul Ho wrote:
>
> > Before One can look at OOS, Once needs to have a system or
several
> > systems Candidate and so you still need to have metrics to
evaluate
> > what basically is forward looking performance estimates.
Besides,