[amibroker] Re: What is best statistic for straightness of equity curve?

BTW

That is a slightly different discussion to the one on deciding which
ObjectiveFunction is superior (relatively speaking) but if we don't
understand the first point what basis do we have for making a
decision on ObjectiveFunctions?

Where I am at is to dig in further on the mechanics, with the view to
checking the value of our current thinking. The eventual OF that
comes out of that research may well surprize.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> I agree with Howard's (past) comments that the best metric is the
OOS
> metric (that is for those who have used optimization to design the
> system) or better still, several OOS metrics (if we have the data).
>
> The speculative (at this stage) point that I am introducing into
the
> discussion is that foward looking performance can be estimated from
> the root causes (mechanics of the trading system).
>
> By continually focussing on the unknown future we are chasing
> phantasms. While we try to catch one others are popping up
everywhere
> (just like a horror movie).
>
> Better off to find the mother ship, and understand the spawning
> process, if we are to have any hope of dealing with the offspring.
>
> brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@> wrote:
> >
> > This particular shortcoming of Sharpe ratio as mentioned by
Howard