From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com [mailto:amibroker@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of inv learn
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 10:26 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
Subject: [amibroker] Quote import not working - help needed ( Moderator plz allow message to go through )

hello everyone and Tomasz

please help - i am stuck and don't know how to proceed from here. i have read the entire ami objexts guide, but i am still not getting any results.

i have written a script to import quotes into amibroker, but the quotes don't appear in ami and I dont get any error messages either. is there  somethig i am doing wrong, or is it that this method cannot be used anymore?

references : http://www.amibroker.com/guide/objects.html and http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/02-2001.html

please provide your input, i am at a roadblock here.

import.js ->

importquotes();

function importquotes()
{
    filename = "C:\\myquotes\\quotes.csv";
    AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application" );

    AmiBroker.Import( 0, filename, "new1.format" );
    AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
}

thank you very much,
-invlearn

inv learn <invlearn@xxxxxxco.in> wrote:
hello everyone,

i have written a script to import quotes into amibroker, but the quotes don't appear in ami and I dont get any error messages either. is there  somethig i am doing wrong, or is it that this method cannot be used anymore?

references : http://www.amibroker.com/guide/objects.html and http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/02-2001.html

please provide your input, i am at a roadblock here.

import.js:

importquotes();

function importquotes()
{
    filename = "C:\\myquotes\\quotes.csv";
    AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application" );

    AmiBroker.Import( 0, filename, "new1.format" );
    AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
}

thanks,
-invlearn

inv learn <invlearn@xxxxxxco.in> wrote:
thanks tuzo.

for some reason, that didnt work for me either...

tuzo_wilson <j.tuzo.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "invlearn" <invlearn@xx.> wrote:

> so i am stuck with writing a script to automatically import quotes
> into ami, i dont see the updated quotes in ami after i run the script,
> even though i dont get any errors in running the script. please
> provide guidance.

Try

AmiBroker.SaveDatabase()

after importing all files.

I've also seen situations where multiple broker.exe processes exist
and the current broker.exe UI does not update. So, now I launch all
scripts from within AmiBroker via Custom Tools menu items.

Tuzo

> script :
>
> importMyData();
> function importMyData()
> {
> quotefile = "quotes.csv"
>
> AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
>
> AmiBroker.Import( 0, quotefile, "myformat.format" );
> AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
> AmiBroker.SaveDatabase();
> }

.

Bring your gang together - do your thing. Start your group.

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here. __._,_.___