Re: [amibroker] Re: How to download multiple tickers

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

I see that the quotes used come from yahoo... However I use data from DTN, so the ticker name should be different.  So even if I can download every tickers from yahoo, I would have to manually change the ticker name so it can upload automatically.  Is there a way to avoid this?

Also, are you sure it is possible to get the quotes from yahoo?  I remember I tried some times ago and wasn't able to do it.

Thanks,

Louis

2008/3/13, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello Louis,

> Is there a way to download a LOT of tickers,e.g. every tickers on
>the
> NASDAQ, or DJI? Do I have to manually enter each tickers after the
>other or

> is there a faster and simplier way?

Yes, there is.

There are some posts at the UKB that walk you through the basics.

Setup A Custom Database is the main one.

It shows you how to get ticker lists and how to use them in AB.

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

Look under DataBase Management.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine"
<rockprog80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to download a LOT of tickers,e.g. every tickers on
the
> NASDAQ, or DJI? Do I have to manually enter each tickers after the
other or
> is there a faster and simplier way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Louis