Re: [amibroker] What is best statistic for straightness of equity curve?

Hi Dennis --

There are several metrics already built in to AmiBroker that measure both the steepness and smoothness of the equity curve.  Try generating a few test runs, plot their equity curves, note the values of these metrics, and see which ones best fit your trading personality.  A nice advantage to using these is that they usually tend to select trading systems that test well out-of-sample, so are appropriate for use with the Walk-Forward technique now also built in to AmiBroker.

KRatio
CAR/MDD
RAR/MDD
RRR