[amibroker] Re: Interactive Brokers plugin policy change

I know lots of people want their brokers supported. but in my opinion
Thomasz should pick top 2 or 3 american brokers along with
interactive brokers and develop plugins for all of them for a
reasonable price as a bundle. I think that makes the best business
sense in the long run. Its going to increase the pool of potential
paying customers. Amibroker is a great program, but there are few
flaws that is preventing it from being more mainstream software. I
read lots of trading forums and they all are frustrated with the
choice of software. Lots of people especially daytraders in U.S are
looking for alternatives to programs like ensign and sierra charts,
etc. Not that many people are program traders. most successful
program traders tend to be big firms, and hedgefunds who would pay
thousands of dollers for a programs and programmers and usually have
a custom inhouse program. Most retail traders in U.S are either
daytraders or swing traders (Iam not counting investors). If Thomasz
focuses on improving features to suite those people I think he can
get new users by the boats load, becuz those people pay lots of money
for other programs like esignal, qcharts, ensign, sierra charts. If
he offers compatability with more U.S brokers and improves charting
features as discussed in previous days, He could get lots more paying
customes. I think Thomasz should focus on improving features that
gonna attract lots more new customers. that way he will get all the
money without feeling that his time is not worth the effort. Another
thing i hear people complaining a lot in other forums is that
amibroker is difficult to learn to use. I have no idea how to solve
that problem. Quotetracker became a huge sucess in relatively short
time becuz it catered to daytraders, was easy to use, supported
numerous brokers and was cheap. I think thats the formula amibroker
should copy to widen its base. I know not everyone is gonna be happy
no matter whats done becuz each has thier own needs. But i think we
need to find ways to help thomasz more money to keep him interested
in this project and also to get him to hire more help. Sorry for the
rant, but just trying to help so amibroker can be a bigger success.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>