[amibroker] Re: Interactive Brokers plugin policy change

Herman,

>I wish all that time that goes into plugin development and
maintenance >would go into AmiBroker development.

I have already accepted that the day will probably come when I have
to pay someone to write a plugin > broker API for me so I am not jsut
pushing my own barrow.

To me I see that there is a giant gap in the AB environent in that
the paths to using it as a broker platform don't include the range
and quality of choice that we get elsewhere in AB.

I might be wrong.

I might be misunderstanding something and that is why I am pointing
at it and also asking about it at the same time.

So far in 2-3 attempts no one can help me with an answer to the
question "how do offshore traders trade intraday with AB as their
pseudo 'platform'.

Also Rakesh is the first to confirm my hunch that QT is the only
option and that it is not first class.

I think it is a generic problem and I am interested to see what
solutions come up in the future (to me a very important question).

>If this trend continues AmiBroker might be turning into a plugin-
>developer.

If Tomasz wants to do business along those lines - why not?
I would consider it although I would also have to consider other
developers who might need the work (spread the money around).

Say I do pay for a plugin to access my Australian Options Express
account what would I do with the plugin - keep it to myself - try to
onsell it to a few others or give it away to anyone who wants it.

AB writing the plugins and spreading the cost over a number of users
might actually be the best 'for all concerned'.

Maybe some of us want to pay and get what we want now instead of
waiting and hopeing - maybe Tomasz is thinking about gearing up on
staff.

>From my point of view it might be better if AB does do that type of
thing so I don't have to keep going back to 'my' private developer
every time it breaks.

brian_z