RE: [amibroker] Command button to create trend lines

You can create your own buttons on tool bars and was wondering if I can have a button draw a trend line on

the chart along with code as mentioned in my email.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Herman
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 6:11 AM
To: Kendall "Bruce" Hawkins
Cc: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Command button to create trend lines

Not sure what you are looking for...what do you mean with a command button?

did you visit the UKB? Perhaps

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2008/03/06/introduction-to-real-time-control-panels/ or

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2008/03/07/a-basic-message-panel/

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

Friday, March 7, 2008, 3:25:01 AM, you wrote:

Sent this yesterday not sure if it got missed?

Hi Tomasz,

I was looking at the code regarding broken trend lines and was wondering if I could use a command button to create an extended ray on a chart. It could just place it in the middle of the chart. I would also want to have code associated with it and reference the IBcontroller to place a trade:

sell = cross( study ( “SU” ), close, GetID()  );  I am assuming the code hasn’t changed for trend line cross detection.

Obviously I am missing a lot of pcs, any hints you can give would be appreciated.

My ultimate goal would be to have command buttons to go short and long and associated with each one would be an entry trend line, a stop trend line and a target trend line.  With one click on a button the 3 trend lines are placed on the chart, I would be able to drag them where appropriate and then arm them.

Thanks for your time,

Bruce

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.