Re: [amibroker] Re: Aronson Detrending Market {Was Detrending... log}

Hi Mike,

That's sad you can't see the images.  I am sure you would understand my questions.  Ok, here is what I did step-by-step:

1) I used the "detrend' script with YHOO for 1998 to 2000.   The ~YHOO file was created.

2) I opened the ~YHOO file and in the small formula window at the botton of the screen I see a bunch of pink, yellow and green lines around 1.30+  and at the down of that same window I see a bar "zero" with green arrows below and red arrows over.  (I don't understand this; what are the lines for?  and why the red/green arrows if no buy/sell signals have been issued yet).  Those lines are all AFTER then end of the period that is in the data (after 2000), and between 1998 and 2000 I see a blue oscillator but no pink/yellow/green lines at all.

3) Then, I use the second script (but I don't know what to set as a foreign because I don't know what is the utility of this; I set COMP because I didn't know what else);  And then after clicking backtest there was one (1) transactions only, beginning on the first day of the data and exiting on the next day.  Many other raw signals, but no actual order issued.  An another problem, as I said in my last message, is that if the rule is based on the log itself, I can't issue commands like (buy>2) as an example.  I must stay with "general" rules.

This is complicated.  I like it! ;-)

Thanks,

Louis