[amibroker] Re: Detruding... log

I cannot comment on the suitability of either approach other than to
say that Aronson uses a fixed adjustment accross all bars in the
period under evaluation. The value of which was calculated from only
those bars being evaluated.

Specifically, the average market return of the period being evaluated
is deducted from each bar, whereas using a moving average (or linar
regression?) would be subtracting a rolling average.

The strategy returns are then calculated by adding the detrended
market return for the day, when long, or subtracting it, when short.

The strategy returns are then compared to the market returns. A
perfect system would be long for all postive return days and short
for all negative return days. At least, that is how I interpretted
the book.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> How do you intend to use the detrended price?  Usually it is used
in cycle work.  Is that what you are after?

> I also wonder if there is much difference between Aronson's results
and the commonly used Close - (ma() or  ref(ma()) or linear
regression) approach.

> Bill

verify if a rule has a positive or negative bias.  One has to
substract the average daily log of a stock from the daily log
difference between two days and then apply the rules to the results.
It sounds complicated, but I think it is worth the trouble!