Re: [amibroker] Re: Pattern Searching within AB

I am pretty busy right now. All you have to do is apply the formula and read the Title.

Apply the code to an indicator, open up the Param window, and drag the CandlePattern# slider left and right. Each CandlePattern number selects a different candle pattern. The selected pattern is identified on your chart with a vertical Blue line. The white line on your chart represents the resulting equity if the pattern were traded. Thus you can see the pattern's profitability over your data history. Try different tickers, they will all behave differently. The exit delay, i.e., the delay after the candle pattern occurred before the price is sampled, is adjustable. Presumably some longer patterns require more bars to show profits/losses. The name of the candle pattern and a number of other stats are also shown in the Title.

If you want to explore patterns you will have to dig into the code - no other option.

There are websites and books that list statistical performance for the various candle sticks. I remember seeing articles on this, perhaps in TASC. You'll have to do some research.

Good luck,

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/