[amibroker] Re: PA% Upper limits - was {Absolute value ATR?---> and some hope for building a sy}

I added some extra comments, relevant to the "ideal trade"
discussion, to the end of the temporary UKB post:

"Pattern Recognition Across TimeFrames".

It seems to fit in there.

I also show how the mathematical antecedents of PowerFactor are a
product of the powers (and not a ratio as could be assumed from the
way I have written it, using notation, in the forum)

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> The concept is not dissimilar to the "identify ideal entries"
example
> in Howard's book (ch 7, "Entries and Exits", p105 - 107).
>
> What I am talking about is an extension of what Howard has
presented
> there.
>
> (In my scheme of things I would include it in a section
> under "benchmarking".
>
> brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@> wrote:
> >
> > Brian,
> >
> > Points taken --though, I have a goal of 500% average in my
trading
> > simulations.  I also have a theoretical trading mode for how good
> the
> > entries are with perfect exits and how good the exits are with
> perfect
> > entries.  That gives me a real good idea about what my upper
limit
> > is.  It also lets me explore the profit potential of different
> > timeframes so I can focus on the best ones for my trading style.
> It
> > is good to know what can be achieved so you know when you have
> arrived.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Dennis
> >

> > On Feb 26, 2008, at 5:18 PM, brian_z111 wrote:
> >
> > > Dennis,

> > > I believe there is a need to argue the point because negative
> > > comments from other traders affect the way we trade and
shouldn't
> go
> > > unchallenged, especially if they not accompanied by objective
> > > evidence.
> > >
> > > I stand by my comment that 300-400%PA is the theoretical upper
> limit,
> > > because if we are accepting actual returns of 40%PA we are not
> aiming
> > > high enough and need to make a mental adjustment.

> > > No, everyone is not right depending on circumstances.
> > > To be 'right' means that our observations can be independently
> > > verified by others.
> > >
> > > If that isn't the case we are only suffering from self-delusion.
> > >
> > > I agree with your points 100%.
> > >
> > > Thnakyou very much for posting them.
> > >
> > > brian_z

> average)