From: Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:26:58 PM
Subject: [amibroker] OT; Acer or Toshiba Notebook?

I am convinced that to be able to access at least 3GB of RAM will be MORE THAN ENOUGH to run as fast as I want to run.

I am planning to purchase a faster Notebook computer with a 17 inch display.
I checked out the  $729.99 Acer Aspire Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz, 2GBRAM, 160GBHD >http://www.geeks. com/details. asp?invtid= AS7720-6155- R&cat=NBB
and found that it can have up to 4GB of RAM.

I also looked at the   $1,189.99 Toshiba Core 2 Duo 1.80GHz 2GB 240GB HD DVD±RW>http://www.geeks. com/details. asp?invtid= PSPB9U-022003B- R&cat=NBB and it is advertised to be upgradable to 4 GB of RAM

Do both of these support a second 22 inch monitor equally well.   I don't want to buy the lower cost Acer, and end up dissappointed in the how TWO monitors appear.

I appreciate your thoughts on the Monitor support, and any other differences that other than the size of the HD that I may be dissappointed in.

Will I be better off to pay the approximately $450 additional for the Toshiba??

I would like to have some MULTIMEDIA capability in case I become interested in MULTIMEDIA.

Maybe I should stay away form Vista, and stick with 32 bit XP.

I will appreciate hearing your thoughts.   Ron D.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. __._,_.___