[amibroker] Re: Walk Forward Testing - ROCKS!

I agree that this facility looks like a great leap forward for
Amibroker.

I haven't tried it yet within Amibroker but have experimented to a
limited extent with the "manual" method as described in QTS by Howard
Bandy. HOWEVER, my experience with the CMO oscillator as used in his
example is that it is difficult to come close to "buy and hold"
performance, let alone improve on it - though admittedly my data set
covers a period where in the main the (Australian) market rose strongly.
I suspect that this conclusion will hold good for many of the hundreds
(thousands?) of trading systems out there.

My question is - is this a suitable forum for discussion on the entry
and exit systems that Amibroker users consider to be robust???
Admittedly, it is not strictly Amibroker usage - but it is certainly of
great interest.

Brian