[amibroker] Re: Changing the stop loss depending on the stock price?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Pr�fontaine" <rockprog80@xxx>
wrote:

> I now understand that for each bar "i", the program now looks if the bar
> value is less than the barcount and then apply the formula below.
But what
> I don't understand there is how can "priceatbuy" differ from 0 since
it was
> defined as 0 just over (first line of the code).  How could
"priceatbuy",
> which was given a value of 0 could have a value over 0 then?
>
> I understand that the bar in which a buy was issued is represented
as Buy
> [i], but why the "priceatbuy ==0" before?

priceatbuy is set to 0 before the loop but the the value is also set
within the loop.  If priceatbuy is 0 and Buy[i] is non-zero then
priceatbuy is set to the BuyPrice[i].  i.e. if there is a buy signal
and we haven't set the buyatprice then set the buyatprice to be the
Buy Price for that bar.

Basically, priceatbuy lets you know if you are in a trade.  If it's
zero then you aren't in a trade but if it's non-zero then you are in a
trade so you need to check the profit target exit criteria.

> priceatbuy=0;
> highsincebuy = 0;
> exit = 0;
> for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ )
>     {
>         if( priceatbuy == 0 AND Buy[ i ] )
>             {
>                 priceatbuy = BuyPrice[ i ];
>             }
>         if( priceatbuy > 0 )
>             {
>                 highsincebuy = Max( High[ i ], highsincebuy );
>                 if( exit == 0 AND
>                     High[ i ] >= ( 1 + FirstProfitTarget * 0.01 ) *
> priceatbuy)

Tuzo