Re: [amibroker] Changing the stop loss depending on the stock price?

Hi,

Where exactly should I put this code?  I am still a beginner and I feel confident about modifying the code for the charts and building a system with buy,sell, short and cover, but where should I put the information about this?

I already can modify some variables with the "settings" button with which I can choose to use a 10% stop for every stock, but how to customize it even more?

Thanks!

Louis

2008/2/20, ChrisB <kris45mar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Louis

from a previous recent post by TJ

> Hello,
> ApplyStop( StopTypeNBar, stopTypeBars, IIF( Buy, 10, 5 ) );
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

and from the help files

/amount/ =
percent/point loss/profit trigger/risk amount.
This could be a number (static stop level) or an array (dynamic stop level)

So you should be OK with

amount = IIf( Close < 10, 10,
IIf(Close > 50, 2.5, 5));

ApplyStop(stopTypeLoss,stopModePercent,amount);

Have not tested this.

Regards

ChrisB

louisprefontaine wrote:

> Ok I got an easier question and I hope I'll be clear at first! ;-)
>
> I already use the stop/loss option at 10% stop. But I'd like to have
> a changing stop:
>
> Example:
>
> Close<10 // I'd like a stop of 10%
> Close>10 AND Close<35 //I'd like a stop of 5%
> Close>50 // I'd like a stop of 2.5%
>
> I think you get the idea.
>
> Is there any way to do this?
>
> Thanks again for reading and helping! I hope I'll be good enough soon
> to help others too! ;-)
>
> Louis