Re: [amibroker] Re: AP's RT data feed - for MarkK

Hi Brian

Thanks for this extra comment.

Your immediate prior post had me confused because by PF I assumed you
meant Profit Factor and
the nearest I can understand this, is that

Profit Factor = Gross Profit / Gross Loss
or as in the AB reports:
Profit Factor = Total Profit / Total Loss.

I didn't understand how this related to a time series or per annum gain.

However reading between the lines of this last post, I think you may be
referring to van Tharp's (was it he who coined this phrase? )
Profitunity factor?

Where ....

Profitunity  = Expectancy per trade * number of trades per time period.

In which case it makes a little more sense to me.

If not, I am happy to stand corrected.

Regards

ChrisB

--